Guest Post Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in contributing to Kuno’s Brand & Capture blog! We're glad to have you here, and we look forward to sharing your expertise with our readers.
Below are our standard style and submission guidelines. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Content & Style:
There are a range of topics covered on Kuno’s Brand & Capture blog. However, the most popular posts deal with concrete examples and case studies with numerical results backing up their conclusions. How-to and Top 10 lists are also popular. Kuno’s readers expect the blog content to be problem solving or entertaining in nature. Try to provide actionable steps in your posts.
While inbound marketing in general is the core of Kuno’s blog, the list of categories on the right-hand side of the blog will give you a good sense of acceptable topics.
Search Engine Optimization:
Search engine optimization is not required of submissions, but it is certainly encouraged. Feel free to do keyword sculpting, but make sure the post reads for human eyeballs and not for search engines.
For help with search engine optimization and blog post layout style, download Kuno's Blog Post Optimization Playbook.
Posts cannot be blatantly promotional. Links to your website or blog should be included in the bio at the end of the post. Links pointing to relevant content on a blog from the body of the post are acceptable, but shouldn’t be promotional in nature.
All content must be exclusive to the Kuno Creative Brand & Capture blog, original and authored by you. Note: You can use ideas, concepts and lessons you have written about in the past as long as the content itself is new. You may also post a snippet on your blog that directs people to the post and links back to Kuno’s Brand & Capture.
- Article length: 800+ words
- Post titles: initial caps, no more than 70 characters in length
- Subheads: use of subheads (H2, H1, etc.), bulleted lists and unordered lists are encouraged for a positive user experience and readability.
Kuno is flexible on the number of links in a post, but remain reasonable.
Images & Graphics:
- Format: .jpg or .png
- Size: no larger than 600 pixels wide
- Sourcing: Source images at the end of the post and include links for attribution when needed.
Bio & Headshot:
Provide a brief biography (approximately 50 words) describing your expertise. You may include links to personal or company social media profiles. Additionally, you may provide up to a 100 x 100 head shot to include with the bio.
- Posts can be submitted as HTML via .txt or standard text via Word doc.
- Author bio (can include links)
- Optional: Bio picture (no more than 100 x 100)
- Optional: Additional images (charts, graphs, logos, etc.)
Promotion & Reader Interaction:
Kuno promotes all posts via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. It is also highly likely that your post will be syndicated by other blogs.
Guest bloggers are encouraged to distribute their post throughout social media.
Please check the blog post intermittently to respond to any comments.
Guest blog posts should be original content and not repurposed in its entirety on your website or other blog. Discussing the post on your blog while linking to it is acceptable.
- Send Kuno Creative your article (with images), author bio and headshot using the form on the right.
- Publication dates will be based on Kuno’s editorial calendar. If your blog is approved, we'll try our best to get in contact with you before publication so you may promote accordingly.
- Kuno Creative reserves the right to edit posts for clarity, grammar, voice and relevance. Posts that require significant editing will be rejected.
Thanks again for your interest in contributing to Kuno Creative’s Brand & Capture Blog!