April 1, 2010
These insider tips for business use of Twitter come highly recommended from some of the thought leaders in social media (who shall remain nameless):
Did I miss any? Hope this post helps. Have a great April Fools.
- Make sure you have Foursquare or Gowalla turned on and tell everybody where you are 24/7. Brag about it when you become Mayor - this is crucial.
- Hook up with members of the opposite sex (or not) and make sure you tell everybody about your love life.
- Ditto with your drinking adventures - we all want to hear about that.
- Post embarrassing (there is a bare and an ass in embarrassing) photos and vids of #2 and #3 highlights.
- Talk about how great you are and your products and services too - everybody loves that.
- Follow no one - just let everybody worship you. That way you become an "uber-Tweep".
- RT everything and everyone. The more RT's you can do in one hour, the faster you will become a thought leader.
- Reply to conversations with people you don't know as if you know them. That will make you look like a thought leader.
- Create thousands of Twitter lists. It doesn't matter what the topic is - just get on as many as you possibly can.
- Get as many followers as you possibly can. Use all the tools to help you get thousands per day. This is how the Twitter rock stars do it.