Top 10 Quotes - If Glengarry Glen Ross Were About Internet Marketing
I started my career in Internet marketing in a unique way – sales. That’s right, I went from website sales professional years ago to Director of Social Media and Search Marketing today. What a ride it’s been too! You can learn a lot in sales and the first thing I learned was that Glengarry Glen Ross is the best sales movie EVER! If you haven’t seen this movie I highly recommend you get it ASAP. For those that have seen the movie – I present to you the top 10 quotes from Glengarry Glen Ross if it were about Internet marketing.
- Blake: These are the new analytics. These are the Glengarry analytics. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you would be throwing them away. They're for converters.
- Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's email contest. As you all know, first prize is an all expenses paid trip to Blog World. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a new keyboard. Third prize is you're fired.
- Blake: Your name is "you're wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't convert them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in Internet marketing: get them to click on the call to action and make them fill out a form.
- Blake: A-B-O. A-Always, B-Be, O-Optimizing. Always be optimizing, always be optimizing.
- Blake: What's the problem, pal?
Dave Moss: You -[correcting him]
Dave Moss: You're such a hero, you're so popular, how come you're coming down here wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?
Blake: You see this Facebook page? You see this Facebook page?
Dave Moss: Yeah.
Blake: That Facebook account is worth more than your house. I made 1.2 million fans last year. How many you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't care. Good father? Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - convert! You think this is abuse? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get in the SERPs? You don't like it, leave.
- Blake: You got email lists. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their email addresses to convert them. You can't convert the email addresses you're given, you can't convert, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going OUT.
Shelley Levene: The email lists are weak.
Blake: "The email lists are weak." The email lists are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years...
Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: @ChrisBrogan. That's my name.
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you have 120 Twitter followers, I have over 155,000. THAT’S my name.
- Blake: Put. That coffee. Down.
Blake: Coffee's for Bloggers only.
- Blake: You call yourself an inbound marketer? You MySpace user.
- Blake: You want to know what it takes to search engine optimize a website? It takes BRASS BACKLINKS to search engine optimize a website.
- Blake: Get out there - you got the click-throughs coming in. You think they went to the website to learn how to get out of the rain? A guy don't surf a website lest he wants to convert. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their email addresses. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?
The above are my top ten quotes and I would love to hear yours. Please leave your favorite Internet marketing adjusted Glengarry Glen Ross quotes as a comment (keep it clean though). If I get enough I may have to do a sequel to this post - Bring 'em!
Free Facebook Marketing Cheat Sheet Download